Everyone gather round! Something splendid is about to happen and you must pay attention.
As of tomorrow, the Queen will have surpassed Queen Victoria as the longest-reigning British monarch in history, a milestone that Her Majesty won’t be celebrating with a victory lap, but it’s a remarkable achievement nonetheless.
Imagine if the Queen looked back on photos during her reign? What memories would come to mind? What has been blocked out (aside from the Windsor fire and three out of her four kids getting a divorce)?
Let’s see, shall we?
- One must always reserve a moment for reflection and solitude. Even if those sodding cameras catch it.
2. Plebs, meet my crew.
3. When in Germany, just grin and bear it.
4. One is not at all soaked to the bone, nor is one feeling a few degrees below frigid. Where did Philip go?
5. Sarkozy most definitely framed this one. Look at that ghastly tan.
7. With this (rather heavy) baton, I declare the Commonwealth Games take place far away from the palace. The noise is unbearable.
8. Today one accepted flowers and made someone’s night – nay – life. What’s on the telly?
9. One may boast of symbols that haven’t changed in over 60 years, saving everyone the pain of switching out mail boxes, fire hydrants and everything that bears one’s name. You’re welcome.
Viva ER 4 Evz!
10. Going to the theater. Again.
11. Me and Nelson in 2000. Delightful chap.
12. This thing is so damn heavy, but look how it sparkles.
13. That sodding satellite dish photobombed my Flypast wave, didn’t it?
14. Oh, Val. She’s a trip.
15. One does love to hold the hand of a prince, and one especially loves when that prince orders people around. So saucy!
16. Hello. One’s just had a nip of whiskey. Feeling warm and a bit squiffy.
17. Wonderful curtsy, my dear. One can’t believe you’re from the states. So well-groomed, such poise.
18. The only peace and quiet one has gotten in over 63 years.
19. What did you lot get one for Christmas?
20. One’s legacy.
21. Not sure about this legacy…perhaps the Windsors will be sold to Disney World when it’s his turn.
21. At least he’s inquisitive.
Do you have a favorite photo or quote from Her Majesty’s reign? Leave a comment below!
Earlier today royal fans and fairweather observers alike woke up…
It’s the struggle each woman faces while out. What should…
Today, the second official trailer for Netflix’s original series, The…
Prince George stepped off the private plane loaned to him…
Watching live CTV coverage of the Duke and Duchess of…
Pippa Middleton will wed Eden Roc Capital Management CEO James…
On September 18th, the 68th Annual Primetime Emmy Awards took…
Last week, Us Magazine was certain that the Duke and…
Hurrah for charity and the spirit of giving and betrothals!…
It comes as no surprise to anyone who likes color,…