A look back at the lighter moments of the UK’s “Happy and Glorious” monarch, Elizabeth II.
1. Her Majesty receives the “red box” every day, save for Christmas and Easter, to read over classified government documents. No one, not even Prince Philip, is privy to the contents inside the box.
2. The Queen and Prince Philip at the 2015 Braemar Highland Games.
3. A stop in New York during the 1957 Royal Tour of the United States.
4. 1969: A polo match at Cowdray Park, England.
5. a 1975 polo game at Windsor Castle.
6. 1978 Windsor Horse Show.
7. The Queen and Philip relaxing in 1976.
8. Her Majesty wearing her grandmother’s Girls of Great Britain and Ireland tiara at a banquet in London in January 1982.
9. With Princess Michael of Kent in June 1980.
10. A trip to the Solomon Islands during 1982’s South Pacific Tour.
11. 1986 Maundy Service at Chichester Cathedral.
12. With Prince and Princess Michael of Kent at the 1989 Derby.
13. 1995: Queen’s Cup Polo at Windsor.
14. Relaxing at the 1998 Royal Windsor Horse Show, an annual event Her Majesty never misses.
15. The Queen on her second day of an official tour of Jamaica in 2002.
16. The Queen at Newbury Races in 2013.
17. April 2014 visit to Vatican to meet with Pope Francis.
18. At the opening of the new London Stock Exchange in 2004.
19. Her Majesty and Prince Philip at the 2014 Commonwealth Games in Glasgow, Scotland.
Do you have a favorite photo of the Queen? Let us know in the comments section below!