It’s one of the most famous races in the world, and nothing was going to keep patrons from attending what is arguably the most British activity ever – Royal Ascot.
Also known as watching horses race while drinking champagne and wearing fancy hats.
Day one saw a downpour of UK proportions come down upon racegoers, who were decked out in their Ascot finest.
Things vastly improved and the sky somewhat cleared up once the royal family arrived in their horse-drawn carriages (as you do).
The whole day was very British, from the rain to the reactions.
- “F***ing British weather.”
2. “Feeling quite patriotic, actually.”
3. “This is just like in the movies! Is Prince Harry coming in for a snog?”
4. “We went to boarding school together.”
5. “Welp, might as well drink our lunch.”
6. Royal Ascot’s smartest person:
7. “Did you all get wet?”
8. “I heard it rained. We waited in the castle until it passed. Oh, you look soaked. Is that champs?”
9. “Seriously, you look soaking wet.”
10. “Where are the ladies who got caught in the rain?”
11. “‘Wear cream,’ they said. ‘It will dry up long before you arrive,’ they said.'”
12. “No, I’m afraid I can’t lend you this umbrella. I need it. For my outfit.”
13. “They’re all soaked. It’s terribly amusing.”
15. “Ask Camilla to fix me a gin. My skirt has turned a most unsightly shade of brown.”
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are reportedly making their first Royal Ascot appearance this week. Today, they attended a garden party in Northern Ireland.