Well done. You’ve cast a dark cloud of doom over the future King George VII. Is it really that difficult to stick to the registry?
We’ve all witnessed toddlers react poorly to gifts that displease them, whether it’s Christmas or their birthday.
Today, Prince George of Cambridge celebrates his third birthday, although this one is a far more toned-down affair than 2013, when the whole damn world invited itself to the party (present company included).
And here we are, wishing the heir well as he rings in year three with a tea party at Anmer Hall, according to People‘s Simon Perry.
Since making his world debut, Prince George has received several gifts ranging from luxurious to downright odd.
How did His Royal Highness react?
- “A horse? Thanks…I guess. What happened to that plane I wanted?”
2. “I was told by Leibovitz that I’d receive a solo portrait as a birthday gift. Why are the relatives in my shot?”
3. “Thank you for that rocking chair, but do you have anything with wheels?”
4. “I hear you, but I refuse to apologize for telling Charles those Canadian dream catchers were weird. Do you want me to lie?”
5. “Not thrilled to learn that after spending time with this Easter rabbit, I can’t take him home. Why are we here?”
6. “The greatest gift you hoi polloi can give me is to STFU. My God, I could hear you from the nursery!”
7. “I can’t see a thing, and my Yeezy sunglasses won’t be ready for another week. ‘Get off the sodding Twitter and get to work!’ I told Kanye.”
8. “Catherine, come over here. Uncle Harry has given a chest full of swords!”
9. William: “Wave to the crowds.”
George: “Why? All I got from them were a bunch of illegible cards.”
10. “May I ask which bozos gave me CDs and DVDs? Are you aware of the year we’re living in?”
Somewhere on the grounds of Anmer Hall, Prince Charlotte is sampling Carole Middleton’s frosting, while George is on his third outfit in two hours (that mud pit was calling his name).